Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Grand Prairie during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Bon Air Service Company will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it switches on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Bon Air Service Company at 972-332-1028 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.