As spring rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Grand Prairie? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is newer or was cooling just fine last summer.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to book any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Bon Air Service Company pro can help find minor problems before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to maintain complicated internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect in your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create increased energy use—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity bill and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps determine small troubles before they lead to large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully inspect components and carry out a set of AC performance checks. These detailed processes often allow us to find issues before they lead to extensive issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your unit is set to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your equipment is vulnerable to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the following locations and components:
- Overall unit order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Bon Air Service Company
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Bon Air Service Company pros a ring at 972-332-1028 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.