When it’s cold in Grand Prairie you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could need a furnace repair. The more promptly you can reach out for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Bon Air Service Company.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You could have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? You may have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your home.
4. Your utility bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Bon Air Service Company will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.