During the cooler Grand Prairie months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Bon Air Service Company will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Bon Air Service Company ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Bon Air Service Company can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Bon Air Service Company at 972-332-1028 or book an appointment with us online.