Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Grand Prairie summer, have the specialists at Bon Air Service Company conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illegally freeing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Bon Air Service Company today at 972-332-1028.