Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Grand Prairie is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Bon Air Service Company constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Bon Air Service Company in Grand Prairie at 972-332-1028 today.