You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Bon Air Service Company have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you identify small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a major dent on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the current temperature, try adjusting it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Bon Air Service Company technician is over for your annual furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 972-332-1028.